hi, i’m leshia. wanna get to know each other? here’s the low down on me, myself and i.
- caleb 11, nickolas 7
- hubby charlie bob (that’s right—charlie bob. redneck jokes are welcome.) he answers to lots of names, but here i will spare you and just call him cb. he’s my best friend.
- being a baseball mom
- hunting & driving my diesel truck (did i mention i’m not exactly a girly girl?)
- the ky wildcats. there is no basketball team other than my cats. #bbn
- crafting & being creative, with possibly some power tools.
- hiring my dad as the contractor when we built our home (major deals, people.)
- brainstorming ways to update my home for things which did not make the budget cut. i.e., granite countertops.
- fashion. fashion? if you consider t-shirts and jeans fashion, i. am. your. girl.
- beauty products. all of them. mostly eyeshadow. which leads me to my next love….
- my eyes. they’re my favorite thing about myself.
- my friendship with katie. love her.
- football. baseball. mostly football and baseball uniforms.
does not love:
- the ky humidity. period.
- places where the a/c is kept at 70 or above. i am one hot mama.
- my frizzy hair. i have tried everything. ev-e-ry-thing. i spend hours straightening, i walk outside, instant light socket hair. what did this smart cookie learn? turn on weather. humidity > 10%? ponytail. got any miracle products? hit me up.
- cooking. need a recipe? ask katie.
- the fact that i don’t like cooking. i wish i did…really.
- roaches. (who does?)
- fishing. boooooring.
- cleaning. some people do it for fun. i know none of those people.
so that’s me in a nutshell. hopefully you stick around so i can get to know you, too.
hello there! i’m katie. to keep consistency on our page (because i’m the slightest bit of a perfectionist), here’s a bit about yours truly.
- naps. anyone disagree? if you do, you’ve never had a toddler.
- speaking of, my very own toddler, braxton.
- the husband. david. tall, handsome and balding. babe, if you’re reading this, it’s fried chicken tonight.
- my house. it’s tiny, seriously. but it’s our first home together and we love it.
- decorating. i could honestly sit and think of ideas 24 hours a day. or, when all else fails…pinterest.
- clothes. shopping. fashion. shoes. handbags. you get my drift. unfortunately, my husband has not.
- hair, hair, hair. mine has changed numerous times, but recently i’ve found lots of great products that i can’t wait to share with you. none for frizzy hair, though. see leshia’s dislikes.
- jesus. he is my savior…of my life and of my day to day. he makes it all worth it knowing one day i’ll get to thank him face to face.
- planning. organizing. anything that feeds my obsession with symmetry and spreadsheets. jesus made me that way. don’t judge.
- d.i.y. all. day. long.
- blogs in general. i could sit all day long and be internet bff’s with tons of you. i hope you find me equally as interesting….
- vehicles. i’ve changed them almost as many times as i’ve changed my hair.
- the south. no place like it. if you’ve never traveled below the mason dixon line, i’ve got an old iron bed with your name on it. and if you’re lucky, we might be having cobbler that night.
- cooking. this is quite funny as i hated all things domestic as a child. but i also despised sweating. so when my parents would rule a chore day, (which seemed to be every day when i was 10), i would hang inside and do laundry for the five of us while my brother and sister would pick up sticks. and i really wanted to like the 95 degree weather and 150% humidity. but i just couldn’t. so i learned laundry but not cooking. my life as a chef has been full of trial and error. mostly error. (cue soupy mashed potatoes and lots of burned things).
does not love:
- sweating. already said that.
- being too busy. makes me feel like a crazy. i don’t like that. neither does my fam.
- onions. in any shape or form. don’t ask—the answer is no.
- baby shower and wedding shower games. i know you’ve always been too scared to admit that, but in this case it’s cool to be a follower.
- totes that are incorrectly labeled. no need for a joke here.
- my flat feet. they make heels hideous.
- involuntary budgets cuts.
- pumping gas.
- geometry. i almost failed. so anything that requires cutting angles…all leshia.
so as my granddaddy would say, take your shoes off, sit a while. ain't no sense in hurryin'.